SESSION PROPOSALS CLOSED!
Whether you are new to presenting or have experience, we are excited to see how you have found your rush and are willing to share your knowledge and expertise with us. We are mining for golden presentations that will deliver movement sessions, lectures, and workshops.
How long do the sessions need to be?
We're glad you asked. All presentation proposals should be geared toward a 50 minute session.
What kind of sessions are we looking for?
Great question! When you submit your proposal, we will ask you what is your preferred delivery method:
- Live In-Person! (you will present live, in-person, to real people in the same room here at UREC during FitExpo. i.e. you must be able to be onsite at UREC during the 2022 FitExpo)
- Workout Sessions!
- Hybrid! (combination of workout and lecture)
What do our spaces look like and what are they stocked with?
We have various studios and rooms to accommodate different lectures and workouts. Here is the quick rundown of some (but not limited to) equipment and studio/rooms that we have available:
- Multipurpose Studios
- Stability Balls, Medicine Balls, Bosus, Hand weights, Mats, Gliders
- Mats, TRX Straps, Punching Bags, Gliders
- Mats, Bosus, Barbells, Body Bars, Hand Weights, Foam Rollers, Jump Ropes, Steps/Benches, Hurdles, Resistance Bands, Gliders, Cones
- Cycle Studio
- 36 cycle bikes (35 bikes plus the instructor bike)
- Mind Body
- Mats, Lighter Hand weights, Barres, Pilates Balls, Yoga Straps, Yoga Blocks, Pilates Rings, Eye Covers, Yoga Pillows
- Weight Room
- 10 Squat Racks
- Open Floor space for Deadlifting and Olympic Lifting
- Demo Kitchen
- Can accommodate 15 participants to engage in a nutrition based session
- Indoor Pool
- Open swim area, 4 lap lanes, vortex
- Indoor Basketball Courts (4 total)
- Outdoor Basketball Court
Why are we asking for your resume and your certifications including expiration dates?
We know we are asking a lot by asking you to upload your resume and your certification (including the certification number and expiration date). This is required for accreditation purposes and continuing education credits. Our number one goal is student development so don't forget that! You won't be disqualified by not having the 'perfect' resume or 37 certifications, we just have to have it on file so we can provide all of our attendees with CECs (and that's important to us as well.)
Who can present?
We are looking for students and faculty/staff from various colleges & universities to present. After all, it is called the Southeast Collegiate Fitness Expo. Community and corporate presentations may be considered with a partnership package. Reach out to Tori Lord, email@example.com, if you are looking to sponsor a session.
When are proposals due?
Presentation proposals were due on DECEMBER 10th but have been extended to 11:59pm on DECEMBER 17TH, 2021!!!!!!!
When will you know if you were selected?
Everyone who submits a presentation proposal will be notified of their proposal status on Thursday January 13th, 2022.