Presentation Proposals Are Closed.
Whether you are just getting your feet wet or you've been at the helm for a while, we've got a spot just for you on our crew. We are looking for rockstars who are ready to deliver world class movement sessions, lectures, and workshops.
How long do the sessions need to be?
We're glad you asked. All presentation proposals should be geared toward a 50 minute session.
What kind of sessions are we looking for?
Great question! When you submit your proposal, we will ask you what is your preferred delivery method. You can prepare your sails early by getting to know the various delivery methods:
- Live In-Person (you will present live, in-person, to real people in the same room here at ECU during FitExpo. i.e. you must be able to be onsite at ECU during the 2021 FitExpo)
- Virtual Synchronous - Two Way Broadcast (you will be presenting live from a location other than ECU through a platform such as Zoom; you can interact with participants via chat, video, and audio)
- Virtual Synchronous - One Way Broadcast (you will be presenting live from a location other than ECU in a webinar type format; you will not interact with participants through video or audio; a moderator will take participant questions for you via chat)
- Virtual Asynchronous (you will film your session in advance from a location other than ECU and submit it to the FitExpo host team to make the session available on-demand during the conference. We will give you a deadline to submit your video as our crew will need some time to get it ready for embarkation.)
- Hybrid (you will present live, in-person, to real people in the same room here at ECU during FitExpo AND all while streaming your session and presenting to participants through an online platform. The people online can see you but you can't see them. Don't worry, if there's time for a Q&A one of our crew members will monitor the chat. i.e you must be able to be onsite at ECU during the 2021 FitExpo and be comfortable being live streamed through an online platform)
What do our ships look like and what are they stocked with?
If you are going to be working on our ships, you'll need to know what we have when it comes to provisions and equipment. We have various ships in our fleet, and each one is a little different. As you are preparing your proposal, here's a quick run down of some (but not limited to) equipment and studio/rooms that we have available:
- Multiple Movement Studios (some with and some without mirrors)
- Les Mills SmartTech (SmartBars, SmartBands, SmartSteps)
- Barre (both bolted to ground and chair use available)
- ReAlign Floor Clings & Mats
- Various Boxing Equipment
- Indoor Cycling Bikes (both Precor Spinner Chrono Power and LifeFitness IC7s
- Various Escape Fitness products
- Most importantly, lots of room to dance, move, and smile!
- Olympic/Free Weight Area with 12 Precor Half Racks
- Cardio Deck for treadmill classes
- Indoor track
- Fitness Performance Center which includes Skyku 3-D BodyScanner
- XT Court with Queenax and Escape Fitness Accessories
- Outdoor movement area by outdoor pool with TRX
- Indoor Pool
- Multiple Classrooms with AV capabilities
- Ballrooms for large movement classes
- Basketball courts for large movement classes
Why are we asking for your resume and your certifications including expiration dates?
We know we are asking a lot by asking you to upload your resume and your certification (including the certification number and expiration date). This is required for accreditation purposes and continuing education credits. Our number one goal is student development so don't forget that! You won't be disqualified by not having the 'perfect' resume or 37 certifications, we just have to have it on file so we can provide all of our attendees with CECs (and that's important to us as well.)
Who can present?
We are looking for students and faculty/staff from various colleges & universities to present. After all, it is called the Southeast Collegiate Fitness Expo. Community and corporate presentations may be considered with a partnership package. Reach out to our FitExpo Captain if you are looking to sponsor a session.
When are proposals due?
Presentation proposals are DUE BY 11:59pm on FRIDAY, JANUARY 29
When will you know if you were selected?
Everyone who submits a presentation proposal will be notified of their proposal status on Monday, February 8th.